Achieving Fuller Lips with Juvederm Ultra Plus Injections
Hyaluronic acid fillers like Juvederm have revolutionized skin care and anti-aging with a natural solution to smooth the appearance of fine lines and add natural-looking volume to the face. If you have read Juvederm reviews in search of the right product for your needs, it's important to understand how Juvederm Ultra Plus works and what makes it the ideal choice for luscious, big lips that look natural and kissable.
What is Juvederm Ultra Plus?
What is Juvederm Ultra Plus?
There are many dermal and lip fillers on the market and it can be a bit confusing to understand the difference. There are currently five FDA-approved types of Juvederm, each a bit different:
- Ultra. The Ultra formula has a consistency and smoothness that makes it perfect for filling moderate wrinkles, contouring, and achieving big lips with moderate enhancement.
- Ultra XC. This formula is the same as Ultra with Lidocaine, an anesthesia, to make Juvederm injections more comfortable.
- Ultra Plus. Ultra Plus is a thicker formula that lasts longer than Ultra. This formula goes into the deeper layers of the skin to fill more severe wrinkles, shape the face, or add more significant volume to the lips.
- Ultra Plus XC. This formula contains Lidocaine for more comfort during injections.
- Voluma XC. This is the latest product in the line and it's designed to correct significant volume loss in the cheeks. Results last up to 2 years but the thicker formula is only designed for the cheeks.
Juvederm Ultra Plus is a step up from previous formulas with higher cross-linking that provides additional viscosity and stability for better filling ability. Ultra Plus is also injected a bit deeper into the dermis with longer-lasting results. Its improved filling ability makes Ultra Plus the best option for dramatic fuller lips.
What You Can Expect
Juvederm Ultra Plus injections are done safely in an office setting. The entire procedure takes about 45 minutes, or short enough to have done during a lunch break. The treatment area can be numbed ahead of time with a topical anesthesia, but Ultra Plus also contains Lidocaine. Injections are over very quickly with very minor discomfort.
Like other dermal fillers, Juvederm Ultra Plus injections require no downtime or recovery, although the injection sites may be red and tender for a day or so. The number of syringes needed will depend on the treatment area, although lips usually require just one to two syringes based on how dramatic you want the results. You can expect your results to last 12 months or longer. As results fade, you can schedule touch-up appointments to maintain the size and shape of your lips.
Is Juvederm Ultra Right for You?
Not sure if Ultra Plus is the solution to give you the results you're after? Don't rely solely on Juvederm reviews to make the decision on which dermal filler is best for your needs; an experienced skin care specialist can best advise you on the right product for natural fuller lips. Schedule a consultation with Juvly to learn more about the dramatic results possible with Ultra Plus!